Passengers who can't pay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Passengers who can't pay

Post  madmentalmike on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Just wondering how you lot deal with people who can't pay their fare?

We get issued with a book of 'Unpaid Fare Notices' which you fill in with the route number/time etc and the fare due. It then allows the person to travel free of charge and they are supposed to pay the fare at a later date, by phone/internet and so on. Obviously, most people don't do this, but I find them really useful and write them out all the time. A lot of other drivers won't use them on principle, but I just do it to save myself a lot of hassle. The only trouble is, there are some people who get wise to it, and get on and automatically say, 'Can you just give me one of those yellow tickets?', to which the answer is almost always 'No!'

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Re: Passengers who can't pay

Post  Daisy Dart on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 am

madmentalmike wrote:Just wondering how you lot deal with people who can't pay their fare?

We get issued with a book of 'Unpaid Fare Notices' which you fill in with the route number/time etc and the fare due. It then allows the person to travel free of charge and they are supposed to pay the fare at a later date, by phone/internet and so on. Obviously, most people don't do this, but I find them really useful and write them out all the time. A lot of other drivers won't use them on principle, but I just do it to save myself a lot of hassle. The only trouble is, there are some people who get wise to it, and get on and automatically say, 'Can you just give me one of those yellow tickets?', to which the answer is almost always 'No!'

We had one around here that kept trying that until drivers got wise to it. He kept being issued unpaid fair vouchers but didn't ever pay. So a notice went up giving a description of the guy and the routes he tries it on with.

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Inspector on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 am

Personally If they was short of the price I would just take what they have and let them on.. thats my cup of tea! and if they have nothing depending who they are I might just let on also as it saves hassle and also saves time rather than filling a bit of paper in they won't pay for anyway
Inspector

Back to top Go down

Post  madmentalmike on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:29 am

Trouble is though, if you let em on for nothing or a reduced fare you can't print em a ticket. And then if revenue get on you're gonna get booked unless you've filled out that bit of paper. I must admit it does annoy me when people think they can get a free ride when everyone else has paid, but as I said I just can't be bothered with the hassle any more.

madmentalmike

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 pm

These passenger "who can't pay" should try going into Tescos, fill up a trolley,get to the checkout let the assistant scan everything and tell them how much is to pay then try saying "i can't pay can you let me off this time" and see how far that gets them.

Same principle really,if you can't afford a service don't try and get and rob a company.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:25 pm

We tend to let them off here for stuff like that, well I'm not so sure about First but others do. Then again we are a really lax area, if the driver is a coach driver and doesn't have log in details for the machine and he's just covering then we get let on for free with no ticket, same if we have a coach with no machine... we just get on and take a seat. If they know the machine isn't working they'll still send the bus out for a day's service, I've had the same bus a few days in a row and it still wasn't working. I've even gotten on before and been told just to sit down because the ticket machine roll has run out and the driver doesn't have time to change it.

I love our lackadaisical approach to anything related toproviding bus services Laughing
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:30 pm

And that is the slippery slope to bankruptcy. Can see why Veoliarse Wales are in the merde. Cretin drivers & even more cretinous managers.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sun May 01, 2011 5:07 am

How did you guess the company LOL (as if it isn't obvious). Smile

You're right mentioning the managers too though, Denzil is in the same frame of mind as the drivers... he's just not bothered. I overheard a conversation on the phone he was having (when he's driving he's regularly talking to people with a bluetooth earpiece), long story short he said someone came in telling him one of his drivers hadn't done their checks properly (tires not checked etc), and he told him to "get your arse back out the door unless you have something to say I care about".

I also think they don't have a procedure for when they have bumps etc, I know First does the usual where they have to fill in some forms and get witness details down on paper but with Veolia it seems they just carry on if they hit something.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  macllain on Sun May 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Weve got the driver entered fare button on the mahine, and work on the principle something is better than nothing.. unless there taking the piss then they get told where to go.

Its just not worse the hassle, ive seen other drivers getting stressed, assualted, verbally abused and just generally heckled for the sake of 20p.

Take a seat pal.....

macllain

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver on Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

We have an Excess Ticket button which means you can issue odd fares. If it's 20p I usually don't worry and let them off. Of course if they're showing some cleavage then they can get away with more...
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top