Winter sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter sun

Post  K1YRL on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 am

God that winter sun just over the last couple of days has been really low and really bright,it`s been really dazzling.What with the combination of the low sun and a dirty windscreen both inside and out i sometimes haven`t been able to see where i`m going,and if you pull the sun visor down it seems to have a mind of it`s own and decide it wants to roll up again for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter sun

Post  Daisy Dart on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

K1YRL wrote:God that winter sun just over the last couple of days has been really low and really bright,it`s been really dazzling.What with the combination of the low sun and a dirty windscreen both inside and out i sometimes haven`t been able to see where i`m going,and if you pull the sun visor down it seems to have a mind of it`s own and decide it wants to roll up again for some reason.
Also with a lot of our single deck Scania L113s and Volvo B10BLEs the blinds are simply not big enough for the windscreen. If the sun is at an angle, rather than straight on you get blinded by it and there is nothing you can do.
I put my sunglasses on the other day because of the glare of the sun. Some stupid old biddy pointed out to me that it's not summer yet. Wow! No shit Sherlock, I didn't realise that. I politely pointed out that the sun was blinding me whilst I was driving!

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cleetus speckler on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:03 pm

And, have you noticed that it always seem to be behind the offside mirror, or it's behind you, shining in the mirror? sunny

cleetus speckler

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 am

I often used to shove adverts along the top of the windscreen to help.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am

cleetus speckler wrote:And, have you noticed that it always seem to be behind the offside mirror, or it's behind you, shining in the mirror? sunny
Ah yes the old sun shining in the mirror making it near impossible to see what`s coming when you want to pull away.
I find it doesn`t help with these new plasticy type mirror which gets scratched, definitely not as good as the old fashioned glass ones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I came home from Ystradgynlais last week when the road was wet and the sun was out, major blindness! Particularly when coming up to a hill and the road raises in front of you so it gets even worse. At that point I noticed that whatever muppet spec'd our Veolia Centros didn't get sun blinds Shocked
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:54 pm

The driver will have had one, but they never fit one on the nearside..

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 pm

I just found a pic of three of ours and the one I was talking about I can't see one at all, the other two I can though. Must just be that one for some reason, unless it's well hidden away.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Wet roads and the low sun arent a good mix,with blindness and it makes your eyes water like a leaky tap.My sunglasses always help and they help alot better if i remember the damn things Rolling Eyes pirat
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:21 am

As we got off, a regular passenger that knows some of the drivers pointed out a pair of sunglasses left behind the ticket machine that had been there for the past week Laughing
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 pm

It was sunny this morning and the poxy sun blind on the bus I was driving just would not stay put. As soon as you pulled the bugger down it immediately shot back up again. Bloody useless pile of do do!

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dumpster on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Daisy Dart wrote:It was sunny this morning and the poxy sun blind on the bus I was driving just would not stay put. As soon as you pulled the bugger down it immediately shot back up again. Bloody useless pile of do do!

I carry a clothes peg for just such a situation. One clip, and no more auto-retracting sun blind.

I love our Scania Omni & Citylinks for their sunblinds, they have one over the drivers side window.

Dumpster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top