How early do you get to work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How early do you get to work?

Post  K1YRL on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:10 am

So i pulls in to the traffic office at the last minute as usual the other day and stood in front of me was another driver booking on for work aswell.
When the supervisor asks him what time he booked on he said 07.29.07.29 i thought thats a bloody hour early if that was me i would be just rolling out of bed not at work an hour before i`m due to start.
I can think of better things to do with my time rather than feeding the coffee machine and gassing for an hour before i start work.Or is it just me?

Back to top Go down

Re: How early do you get to work?

Post  Bristol LH on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 am

There seemed to be a few at Bramley like that. Must be so desperate to get away from the wife...

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:46 am

Same here always crawl in about 10 mins before i start
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:33 pm

Depends where I'm starting my shift. If at the depot, usually on an early shift, I tend to get in about 10 minutes before my shift is due to start. If starting at the bus station I might get in a bit earlier, as such shifts start later in the day and traffic can be a problem when getting to work.

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:24 am

Yeah 10mins early is OK i suppose but rolling in an hour early is just ridiculous i think.And a few of the lads i know do it all the time and all they do is clutter up the traffic office supping coffee and slagging off the job.
Well if you hate the job so much then why are you at work so early when you could still be at home with your family.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:29 am

I think they hate their families more than the job sometimes K1.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:06 pm

It depends on where I’m working and if I’m going for a cuppa before I start, but normally about 15mins before. One of them I work with is normally in about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before every shift, so she can brown nose the mangers

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:11 pm

U sure its just brown nosing?

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Bristol LH wrote:U sure its just brown nosing?

Yip, its a casual contract we're on i.e 0 hours, and a bad month for her she only clears £700. So everyone knows brown nosing as doing a ******

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:48 am

Mind you another factor is by what means I'm getting to work by. If using my car I can leave home a bit later maybe. But when using a the bus I tend to make sure it's one that is going to get me to town in plenty of time. You never know with buses! Very Happy

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 am

May I just ask to clarify, when you say the "start of your shift", are you referring to the time you need to arrive ready to do any necessary vehicle checks etc or the time you actually are due to get on the bus and drive off?

I've often wondered which of the two is defined as your start time. If you start a new job and your work hours are defined as say 7am til 6pm, does that include checks and all that stuff or do you have to allow time for that yourself by turning up say 10 minutes before? (assuming you are on early shift not taking over from a bus station)
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 am

Pukerlicious wrote:May I just ask to clarify, when you say the "start of your shift", are you referring to the time you need to arrive ready to do any necessary vehicle checks etc or the time you actually are due to get on the bus and drive off?

I've often wondered which of the two is defined as your start time. If you start a new job and your work hours are defined as say 7am til 6pm, does that include checks and all that stuff or do you have to allow time for that yourself by turning up say 10 minutes before? (assuming you are on early shift not taking over from a bus station)
Well the start of your shift is known as your book on time.In our case in Leeds that is 15mins before we are due out of the depot.
In that 15mins you get your running board and defect card then you have to find the bloody bus usually carting an arm full of Metros and then do a first users check to make sure it`s fit for service.And if everything goes to plan thats when you leave the depot,but it doesn`t always go to plan like that as any driver on here will tell you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:34 am

Your bus could be A) in the tyre bay, B) in engineering broken, C) in the yard broken, D) in the yard with a cab full of rainwater cos some idiot shunter left the window open and all the rain pissed in, or E) parked up the road somewhere as VOSA are in the depot doing a check...

I've had a bus allocated before that had no engine!

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

hahaha... so I suppose you just go and sort out getting another bus and do all the checks on that, then do your best to get out on time Razz

You'd think they'd log when each vehicle is being repaired or is off the road for whatever reason and then they'd automatically know to allocate you a different vehicle.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top