running boards and paperwork

:: The Depot :: Bus News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

running boards and paperwork

Post  maxcairns100 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:44 am

Can someone upload me a few mock up running boards and driver paperwork please?? Thanks! Very Happy

maxcairns100

Back to top Go down

Re: running boards and paperwork

Post  Daisy Dart on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 am

maxcairns100 wrote:Can someone upload me a few mock up running boards and driver paperwork please?? Thanks! Very Happy

Well I've got this if it helps. It's not actually driver paperwork, it's a notification of disciplinary action that bus drivers get from managers if they've been naughty. It's known to drivers in Yorkshire as a Yellow Slip, for obvious reasons!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 am

LOL Daisy, nice try Wink

I think the OP means the actual running boards of the buses. Considering their status it would be a tad difficult to acquire such information. ie it stays with the vehicle or in the traffic office and we as drivers would not get an opportunity to copy it.

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  maxcairns100 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am

I meant justr put a mcok up running board on plz.

maxcairns100

Back to top Go down

Post  2eZero on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 am

maxcairns100 wrote:I meant justr put a mcok up running board on plz.

I take it then you are not a bus or coach driver? Every company has them different as well as differences within companies. There are differences in terminology as well.

As a mock up you'd get the first column as the service number, then different stages marked with different times. So

jny BUSS - Corn - StRt - High - UPTN - jny - UPTN - Mark - Corn - Buss
6 - 1 - 0900 - 0922 - 0935 - 0940 - 1000 - 2 - 1010 - 1020 - 1100 - 1100

And then at the bottom of the running board you'd get the descriptive such as:

BUSS - Bus Station
Corn - Cornwallis Street
StRt - Street Corner
High - High Street
UPTN - Up Town
Mark - Market Street
Buss - Bus Station

The difference with the two initials for the Bus Station could signify different reasons, such as park up and wait. Whilst those would be timing points on the ticket machine the stages could be different. The route can be the same or different when returning from the destination, such as a circular route.

If you get to a timing point early you have to wait until that time before you can continue. You can run late but running early is a sin Very Happy

On our running boards different spellings usually denote different parts of a road to wait for timing points. Such as 0928 holding at a position just before a mega load of pensioners want to get on the bus.

Then you'll have the 'Vehicle Defect Sheet'. You'd put your name and company payroll number on it, the time you took on the bus and the time you would come off and list any defects there. 'S' indicates an 'In Service' fault whilst 'W' indicates a fault found in your walk around check.

If you first take on a vehicle you have to fill out the catalogue at the rear to signify you have completed your walk around check as well. I think it would cause issues for me to get a hold of any of these documents as they would be instantly identifiable to the company I work for and they are secure documents. Usually protected by serial numbers or their location.

Does this answer your questions Wink

2eZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 am

I will scan and upload a FUI/VDR card as used by some ops later.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

FUI/'VDR Card

Post  PaulM on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:37 am

Bristol LH wrote:I will scan and upload a FUI/VDR card as used by some ops later.

Hi

Did you ever get to do the upload as it doesnt appear on the site and I would be very interested

Regards
Paul M

PaulM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top