Proposed Interior For Our 36 Fleet

:: The Depot :: Bus News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proposed Interior For Our 36 Fleet

Post  Blakeyhammer on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:55 am

Our 36 fleet is being upgraded next year and these pics are the proposed new interior layout.

Layout currently in a mule bus for demonstration purposes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lower Deck

Upper Deck

Wider seats

Waddya reckon then.
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Re: Proposed Interior For Our 36 Fleet

Post  Bristol LH on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:59 am

That is the 'Stagecoach Cambridge Park & ride' liveried B7/Plaxton that is in Lancashire, that is ex Harrogate.

Ray Stenning ripped Transdev off with that livery..He's a real conman..Plus I do not see the point of wasting money on service buses with that kind of interior. The money would be better spent on driver's pay!

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:15 pm

I think it looks nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Its not practical for every day service work though.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

I suppose if you want the stuck up folk folk of Harrogate to use the bus you have to make it more inviting than their chelsea tractors which they all seem to drive round there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 pm

You mean arrogant tossers with Chelsea tractors. Boy did they moan once when I parked a coach in a resident parking only street in Harrogate. Sadly there was sweet FA that they could do, because it was outside the owner's house, and the coach was displaying a resident parking permit!

The snobs of Harrowgayte wouln't surrender their 4x4's & cockmobiles even if fuel was £75 a gallon & parking was £50 a second!

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peanutbutter on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Trentbarton did the same on number of there route with the seat layout. this included DARTS!

Companies are stupid sometimes
peanutbutter

Back to top Go down

Post  freedompaisley on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Bristol LH wrote:You mean arrogant tossers with Chelsea tractors. Boy did they moan once when I parked a coach in a resident parking only street in Harrogate. Sadly there was sweet FA that they could do, because it was outside the owner's house, and the coach was displaying a resident parking permit!

The snobs of Harrowgayte wouln't surrender their 4x4's & cockmobiles even if fuel was £75 a gallon & parking was £50 a second!

I'd loved to have seen there faces when they were shown the resident parking permit

freedompaisley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:22 pm

They were gobsmacked, swore and walked off in a huff. the gaffer was known to park minibuses outside his house, but I had a boot full of furniture in the coach I was dropping off at the house, but 'Morticia' the gaffer's wife wasnt in, so I shoved a note thru the letterbox to ring me when she got back, and I was gonna have a wonder into town. I told the gaffer's wife about it, and she laughed..

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Bristol LH wrote:That is the 'Stagecoach Cambridge Park & ride' liveried B7/Plaxton that is in Lancashire, that is ex Harrogate.

It's actually in Harrogate and going into service for 6 months
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 am

We'll take some [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Although I suppose it works better in double deckers because of the extra capacity, as doing this would reduce it significantly... not so great in a single decker.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:08 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:
Bristol LH wrote:That is the 'Stagecoach Cambridge Park & ride' liveried B7/Plaxton that is in Lancashire, that is ex Harrogate.

It's actually in Harrogate and going into service for 6 months

I've seen a photo of it in service in Lancashire. They must have sneaked use of it before Harrogate. That bus will make the local vegs like Dan Stazicker froth. I hope they tilt tested it before putting it in service. Major changes to the bus like that will have required it.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 am

Lancashire United have had it, we've now got it, it's going to go to Blackburn, Coastliner & Keighley as well.
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:33 am

And at the end of the trial, windows will be etched, saloon full of graffiti...For crying out loud, Olympians in Keighley had moulded fibreglass seats at the back upstairs. Blackburn is almost a de-militarised zone...It wont have the capacity for Coastliner, so will be as much use as a chocolate teapot to them. Its £60k from your pension fund they have wasted, on a vehicle that in about 3 years time will be PVS fodder. Money is tight in the industry and they do this... Mad

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 am

We've got leather seats like that on our busway fleet and after a year in service they are now shabby, torn and knackered. One of the Scania deckers got all its seats shredded by the local neds as it made its way round the Oxmoor estate in Huntingdon. I've still got no idea why they send the buses through that estate as they keep getting smashed up by the neds and knocked to bits by the abysmal potholed roads!
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:27 am

Bristol LH wrote:And at the end of the trial, windows will be etched, saloon full of graffiti...For crying out loud, Olympians in Keighley had moulded fibreglass seats at the back upstairs. Blackburn is almost a de-militarised zone...It wont have the capacity for Coastliner, so will be as much use as a chocolate teapot to them. Its £60k from your pension fund they have wasted, on a vehicle that in about 3 years time will be PVS fodder. Money is tight in the industry and they do this... Mad

Your only jealous Wink
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Just so we don't get left out down here in the back on beyond. One of our Scania single deckers was refurbed recently and they fitted it with a leather upholsterer drivers seat. All well and good if you really love having a sweaty arse when it's hot!!! geek

Admin

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  WOLVERINE /// on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Ach wont belong till the winter Daisy santa
WOLVERINE ///
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am

Daisy Dart wrote:Just so we don't get left out down here in the back on beyond. One of our Scania single deckers was refurbed recently and they fitted it with a leather upholsterer drivers seat. All well and good if you really love having a sweaty arse when it's hot!!! geek

One of our darts has a leather seat - all well and good until you're taking off a 27-30 stone driver that can't wipe his arse properly when it's 30 degrees!!!

He was sacked/left about three months ago, and it wasn't until about a month ago that he couldn't be smelt anymore! Evil or Very Mad

Sheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 am

Sounds like one driver they sacked who I know. 2 Modules lardarse. He somehow ended up with 2 modules and fiddled the company out of a stupid amount of cash. They fired him. He was an obnoxious twat too.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Evil Bus Driver on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Bristol LH wrote:You mean arrogant tossers with Chelsea tractors. Boy did they moan once when I parked a coach in a resident parking only street in Harrogate. Sadly there was sweet FA that they could do, because it was outside the owner's house, and the coach was displaying a resident parking permit!

Hahaha I have family in Harrogate and yes I know what you mean. It's all about whether you can drive places around there, not good if you don't like being in cars for long periods. They do get kind of stuffy.

Having said that the railway cuts in the 60's didn't exactly help.
The Evil Bus Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top