Metro, what the hell have you done?

:: The Depot :: Bus News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Metro, what the hell have you done?

Post  Bristol LH on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 am

Well the amount of people moaning at the bus stop today about a certain company that is Arriva in disguise, yup Centrebus. One of the routes is now a regular no show, and I can see why. One of their ex East London Darts almost blocking the right hand turn lane on Low Road into Church Street/Waterloo Road, bonnet up, surrounded by cones, and nobody in site..Should have walked up to Funslet Park and asked for a load of oily rags lol

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Metro, what the hell have you done?

Post  K1YRL on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 am

I`ve heard tales of Centrebuses services not turning up or running very late Rolling Eyes Not a good sign for the future is it No
I think Metro have dropped a hugh clanger giving so many routes to an operator who have only just set up.Centrebus shouldn`t have been so greedy and just run a few routes to start with then take on more work when they become more established.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 am

Someone yesterday was saying that earlier in the week, they waited over an hour and a half for a 61, which is allegedly a half hour frequency..2 Knocking?

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blakeyhammer on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

I'm sure the punters will make their feelings known to Metro
Blakeyhammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 am

Blakeyhammer wrote:I'm sure the punters will make their feelings known to Metro

Metro ignore them though. The amount of complaints Metro recieved when they took on the work in Calderdale was unbelievable

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LynxZF7 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:23 am

Bristol LH wrote:Well the amount of people moaning at the bus stop today about a certain company that is Arriva in disguise, yup Centrebus. One of the routes is now a regular no show, and I can see why. One of their ex East London Darts almost blocking the right hand turn lane on Low Road into Church Street/Waterloo Road, bonnet up, surrounded by cones, and nobody in site..Should have walked up to Funslet Park and asked for a load of oily rags lol

That big American towtruck turned up for it and some shoddy lvd van, at around 6 in the evening, being ex London I was not surprised that it broke down.
LynxZF7

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:39 am

Hmm Bridge Garage! The same firm that parent company ARRIVA use. Ward's recovery is much closer. It must have been sat there a good 3 hours. The Police should fine them for causing an obstruction. Would soon sharpen them up to get dead buses shifted.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisy Dart on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Bristol LH wrote:Hmm Bridge Garage! The same firm that parent company ARRIVA use. Ward's recovery is much closer. It must have been sat there a good 3 hours. The Police should fine them for causing an obstruction. Would soon sharpen them up to get dead buses shifted.

Centrebus are just a shit company run by shitheads who don't know what they are doing! Evil or Very Mad

Admin

http://thebdc.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Yup I would deffo agree on that. Cannot wait for Metro to go 'oh shit we havent got money to pay Centrebus.We'd better axe their contracts'

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DBS on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 am

Think they need a person like Joan Aitken down that ther north (disclaimer: In no way am I taking the piss of Yorkshire people having originated from Lancashire Twisted Evil) , she likes to stamp her foot down on misbehaving bus companies up here in Scotland, she just gave First and Arriva a six month ban on operating any new services out of Glasgow City Center. Shocked Very Happy
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bristol LH on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:25 am

You aint met Beverley Bell from the NW traffic office then. Adolf Hitler in a skirt. She shut down UK North on the spot, before a public enquiry, and she forced First Manchester to source 180 brand new buses the other year, otherwise she was going to revoke their o licence. She takes no crap off anyone.

Bristol LH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DBS on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Problem is the traffic Commissioner's are taking a hard line, its us as bus drivers that get it in the neck by our lovely hard line bosses who don't give a shit about us bus drivers!
DBS

http://davidpeacock.fotopic.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pukerlicious on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Bristol LH wrote:You aint met Beverley Bell from the NW traffic office then. Adolf Hitler in a skirt. She shut down UK North on the spot, before a public enquiry, and she forced First Manchester to source 180 brand new buses the other year, otherwise she was going to revoke their o licence. She takes no crap off anyone.

Crikey, show her the way to South Wales would ya! I can't imagine Manchester having being any worse than down here at the moment, the last time we had brand new buses here in Neath was well over a decade ago. It's pathetic. All we've had is a load of W and X reg Marshalls from London recently, which are horrendously unreliable and generally horrible. Not suited for their new use whatsoever. I'd also like to add that in general we have no order at all, everything tends to be all over the place. It's not too bad at the moment (well by our standards anyway, it's still poor by most others') but particularly at the beginning of the year it was ridiculous.
Pukerlicious

Back to top Go down

Post  K1YRL on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 am

Metro cutbacks coming soon
Bradford’s free shuttle bus service could be axed and Cleckheaton bus station may have to close amid looming cuts to public transport spending.

A new dossier containing a raft of potential ‘budget savings’ is set to go before councillors at Metro, the West Yorkshire Integrated Transport Authority, on Friday.

The report, entitled Spending Cuts – Implications for Metro, sets out the “likely options” to be considered if large-scale cuts are needed after the Government’s Compre-hensive Spending Review.

Metro uses taxpayers’ money to subsidise a wide range of ‘tendered bus services’ that are not commercially viable for operators but are nevertheless considered vital to the public.

But the report warns that local bus services in Haworth, Wharfedale, Todmorden and Hebden Bridge could be “under threat” if the rural bus subsidy grant is lost or reduced.

It goes on to say that savings could be found from subsidised Sunday, early-morning and evening bus services.

The report also raises the possibility of making cuts to Metro’s annual £1.1m expenditure on FreeCityBus services in Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield and Dews-bury.

Bradford’s FreeCityBus service around the city centre was introduced in 2008 after a long campaign and has been used by more than a million passengers.

AccessBus, at an annual cost of £2.2m, is another area where savings could be found.

The report goes on to say: “Some smaller bus stations such as Batley, Cleckheaton or Ossett, could be closed.”

Concessions available to children travelling on public transport are also being reviewed.

Metro chairman Councillor Chris Greaves (Con, Wharfedale) said he was still lobbying the Government to ensure Yorkshire escaped the worst of the transport spending cuts.

But he said: “There are going to be very hard decisions ahead. It’s a choice between the horrible and the horrible.

“Metro can look for back-office efficiencies, but we’re already the most efficient Passen-ger Transport Executive with the lowest levy in the country, so there’s not much fat to trim.

“We’ve got a voluntary redundancy scheme open at the moment along with a recruitment freeze but, when you don’t have much in the way of staffing in the first place, it only goes so far.

“I don’t think the Government has cottoned on to the fact that, in Yorkshire, we are under-funded anyway in terms of transport, with just £248 spent in Yorkshire per head of population compared to £641 in London.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top